Find out about the Grief Support Groups we offer here at A Widows Promise, that are designed specifically for widows!
“For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there I am among them.”
Do you offer a grief support group and if so how can I join?
YES, we do! We offer an online Facebook grief support group, catered to women grieving the loss of their husband/fiance. Studies have shown that the more support and understanding we have around us, the less we will despair and grieve without hope. Our group is ONLY available to women and you will need to have internet access and a Facebook account to join.
What Can I expect?
Expect to be welcome with open arms. Expect to build relationships and become a part of a family. Expect to meet people who understand the brokenness that comes from loosing a spouse and expect for God to show up in amazing ways! You can share anything you feel comfortable sharing in this group. You can ask questions, vent, share stories, talk about your husband, share pictures, poems, quotes, etc. There are also some structured topics we cover on a weekly basis which include:
- Topics about what is normal in grief
- Topics about Healing after loss
- Weekly Question to answer in the group or on your own
To join click here and then click on the Join Group button at the top, right hand corner of the Facebook page. (After you send your request, I will review your account to make sure it is not a fake profile and once confirmed I will accept the request and you will be able to begin sharing and joining in the discussion. There is also a pinned post at the top of the page to introduce yourself or you can post an individual introduction in the group.)
Does it cost anything to join?
This program is offered free of charge and has no affiliation with or support from any other organization. However if you feel led to support our ministry we would love for you to Donate to our Widows Valentines Day Program, so we can use those funds to give back to the widows who deserve it most! Members and/or visitors can contribute any amount at any time. All donations are accepted via PayPal and truly appreciated! (Please note since we are not affiliated with any other organization expenses to maintain the site are covered mainly by myself, amazon book sales and the personal fundraisers I hold in my community.)
Who can see what I post?
Every measure is taken to ensure the privacy of our members. I thoroughly screen all requests to join before adding anyone into the group and closely monitor the group activity on a daily basis. However please keep in mind that whatever you post inside the group will be visible to other group members. No one outside of the group will not be able to see or access your posts. However I do ask that you do not share your address, telephone number or email address in any of your posts. If you do begin to form a close friendship to other ladies in the group (and we hope you do) we just ask that you use personal discretion to the information you give out and do so through your own personal private messages.
How is this group different from other online grief support groups?
What distinguishes our support groups from other online groups is that, we are a Christ-Centered community for women only. But more than that we are a family. We are a sisterhood of widows leaning on God’s promises and each other as we walk through our individual grief journeys. The group is privately administered and moderated by me, Jessica Loncarevic. I take our healing seriously and personally review and read every post. To find out what others are saying read some of our group members comments here.
- We do not share any personal information that we don’t want everyone to know such as phone numbers, addresses, etc.
- Product promotion, solicitation and other forms of advertising are not permitted on the site, and such posts will be removed immediately, without prior warning.
- All members should treat one another with the love and respect we all deserve, by following Christ’s example. We are called to “Love our neighbors as ourself”. In order to do that we need to be sensitive to other members who are grieving. What may be offensive to you right now (i.e. finding new love again) maybe comforting to someone farther along in their journey. Please keep in mind that while we are a Christ-Centered community many people in the group may be angry with God. I myself have experienced those emotions and I fully believe that like Jacob, it is better to wrestle with God then turn from him completely. So I ask that you allow these women to share their vulnerabilities without judgment. Be understanding to your fellow sisters in Christ and try to support, uplift and encourage them without “preaching” at them. IF any member is found attacking or belittling another member they will be removed from the group immediately without notice.
- If you see a post that may be in violation of these rules please click on the dropdown arrow on the post in question and select Report to Admin, I will immediately be notified and take appropriate action.
It is our fervent hope and prayer that by participating in this group you will not only find some healing after loss but build a stronger relationship with God in the process.
NOTE: The information offered on this site is not meant in any way to substitute for professional or medical advice. Our grief support groups are not a substitute for professional grief counseling. The group is a self-help tool only for educational purposes and emotional support.